The effects of reflexology are unique to each person, most feel a sense of wellbeing and relaxation others find it uplifting rejuvenating and energising. Some may experience a ‘healing response’. This is a positive outcome and indicates that the body is beginning to eliminate toxins and is starting to find balance.
I recommend that you carry out the following advice for 24 hours following your treatment.
* Drink lots of water as this will help hydrate your body and flush out toxins and improve your energy levels.
* If possible, try and make some time to rest after your treatment. This will allow your body to focus on healing.
* Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol as these are stimulants and will reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
* Eat a light and healthy diet to allow your body to put its energy into healing
Be kind to your feet
* Ensure your shoes are the correct size and fit.
* Wear low heels to maintain natural balance.
* Wear leather or natural fibre shoes to allow the skin to breath. Synthetic shoes that provide no ventilation can increase sweating and the likelihood of fungal infections.
* Wear cotton or wool socks which allow the feet to breath.
* Use a pumice stone or foot scrub to remove hard skin and moisturise regularly.
* Visit your chiropodist or GP if you have any foot concerns.
If you have any questions please get in touch.